For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (“the Act”) the Data Controller of the information that you provide is Sweet Genie Ltd, Unit 16 Brooke Industrial park, Norwich Road, Brooke, NR15 1HJ, hereafter referred to as “Sweet Genie”, “the site”, “us”, “our” or “we”. Sweet Genie Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 13413866.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
When you browse our website (whether or not you are a registered account holder with us and whether or not you are logged in) we may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type for both system administration and for the use of advertising. Any of the information collected is limited to statistical data regarding browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual performing any other action on that computer.
When you register an account with us or place an order as a non-account holder, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, delivery and billing address(es), contact telephone number and any special notes regarding delivery requirements, etc. This information will enable us to process orders to you and contact you directly if there are any problems with such orders.
When paying for an order via PayPal, the Sweet Genie website redirect you to www.paypal.co.uk where you will be asked to log-in to your account and checkout for your order. We do not have access to any of the information which PayPal requests of you, nor do we collect it and store it.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna deferred payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you. For full information on Klarna’s use of your data, please see the Klarna policies on their website.
From time to time we may analyse your personal information and profile to enable us to review, develop and improve our products and services offered to enable us to provide you with relevant information through our marketing programme. If you do not wish to receive information regarding new products and services, company news, or changes to the website, please contact us and let us know.
Finally, we may also use your personal information in the prevention and detection of fraud.
You agree that you do not object to the Data Controller contacting you for any of the aforementioned purposes, whether by telephone, SMS, email or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
How do we protect your information?
Only employees of the Data Controller who handle the technical management of our website can access your information. Only the Data Controller will process your information for the completion of your order. In accordance with UK Data Protection legislation we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of any information you provide to prevent unauthorised access. We cannot however guarantee the security of any data you disclose online, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Whilst we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security..
Who do we share your information with?
We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise make available any of your personal information to any third parties for anything other than those uses set out below.
We employ third party companies to perform functions on our behalf including, but not limited to, couriers, Royal Mail, and marketing companies to keep you informed of our latest products, offers and news. These companies may have access to your personal information, however they will only be permitted to use it in the performance of their functions and in strict accordance with the Act.
Your consent and rights
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information by the Data Controller as described within this policy.
You have the right to see any personal information that we maintain about you, which will be provided upon receipt of a written request sent to [email protected] or Sweet Genie Ltd, Unit 16 Brooke Industrial park, Norwich Road, Brooke, NR15 1HJ.
If you believe any of the information that we hold is incorrect, please contact us as soon as possible to make any corrections.
What Are Cookies:
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit, and it is not recommended.
The Cookies We Set:
- Email newsletter related cookies: The site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to either subscribed or non-subscribed users.
- Order processing related cookies: The site offers e-commerce payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that the site can process it properly.
- Form related cookies: When you submit data to us through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for any future correspondence.
- Site preference cookies: In order to provide you with a better experience on the site we may provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we may need to set cookies so that this information can be called upon whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies:
- The site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how customers use the site and ways that we can improve the customer experience. These cookies may track such things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we that can continue to produce relevant and engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics website.
- It is important for us to understand the statistics about how many of the visitors to the web site actually make a purchase, and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is also important to you as it allows us to make more accurate business predictions, letting us monitor and adjust factors such as targeted advertising and product popularity to ensure stock levels are appropriate.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways; for these to work, social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
We hope that this information has defined things appropriately for you. However if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s generally safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does affect any of the features you use on the site. If you feel that you need more information then you can contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or write to us at the address given at the beginning of this policy.